Skillset is primarily DataDomain/CommVault:
Six (6) month remote residency focusing on a DD9900 and CommVault.
Resident task would include:
- Post DD9900 installation support and operation help with the Data Domain running with CommVault software (so an ideal candidate would need some working knowledge of CommVault).
- Configuration support with BoostFS and support updating CommVault storage policies to include DD
- Knowledge transfer of DD
- Help create documentation and run books
- Assist with performance tuning of CV and DD environment
- Any additional backup operational support
During this part of the service, Services personnel may perform the following over the duration of the engagement:
- Monitors, reviews, and manages Dell EMC infrastructure.
- Manages user requests.
- Manages and reviews log files.
- Generates regular operational reports.
- Isolates and troubleshoots incidents.
- Performs service incident coordination.
- Opens service requests on behalf of the Customer.
- Participates in root cause analysis review.
- Performs software/firmware management assistance and collaboration.
- Implements change management requests.
- Assists with documentation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the compliance manager(s) and with key stakeholders.
- Manages migration activities (monitor reports).
Continual Service Improvement:
- Recommends procedure changes that result in operational optimization.
- Shares best practices from other engagements.
- Provides performance tuning recommendations.
Post Implementation Planning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Performs transition planning with deployment team.
- Performs incremental host and network configuration beyond deployment scope.
- Conducts knowledge transfer for new technology features, management and admin activities, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides recommendations on product enhancements and upgrades.
- Sets up initial reports on supported products.
- Implements Dell EMC System Management Tools.
- Performs run-book updates (in conjunction with Customer Staff).
Change Evaluation and Recommendations:
- Reviews IT processes and policies (Incident, capacity, performance and change management, user, and back up policy) – as part of continuous improvement.
- Assists with documentation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the compliance manager(s) and with other key stakeholders.
- Conducts knowledge transfer to address the Customer’s skills and resource gaps as well as technology recommendations.
Senior Technical Recruiter – PGTEK