Role: IT Admin
Location: NYC NYW2- Contract RoleDirect Clientonsite
The candidate will ensure appropriate backup jobs are run according to schedule using technologies such as BackupExec, NetBackup, and Veeam as well as work with the Storage Administrators to ensure that data snapshots are occurring, maintained, and healthy.
The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that backups are tested regularly to ensure paramount data integrity across all systems and will conduct research and provide recommendations for innovative and improved backup methods.
· Ensuring backups of all data across multiple offices and datacenters worldwide contained within different formats (CIFS, SQL, etc.) utilizing different backup technologies (disk-to-disk, tape, etc.)
· Performing regular recovery tests to ensure that data integrity is maintained across different formats
· Work and coordinate with outside tape storage facilities such as Iron Mountain and others
· Ensure stability of all backup services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth
· Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, health of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements
· Provide in-depth diagnosis for system software/hardware failures and develops solutions
· Identify when platform software and OS upgrades are needed; coordinate upgrades to ensure timely scheduling and completion; ensure that appropriate documentation exists prior to implementation
· Monitor end-user feedback in order to recommend future support and product enhancements
· Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing daily tasks
· 5+ years’ experience in backup technologies administration and best practice procedures using technologies including Symantec BackupExec & NetBackup, Veeam, etc.
· 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux, VMware, Enterprise Storage and related technologies in an enterprise environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Must have a strong understanding of monitoring, capacity management and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large Windows and Linux hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills