Long term contract
Job Description :
Role & Responsibilities
• Lead a team of Backup & Recovery Administrators and provide 24×7 Production Support.
• Handle escalated incidents and critical tickets.
• Anticipate and Predict Risks/Impact on Production Environment and handle Major Changes.
• Manage and Report Performance Dashboards with Capacity Planning.
• Design, Migration and upgradation of existing Backup Infrastructure.
• Includes integrated best-of-breed hardware and software products.
• Create suggested target backup schedules and operational plans.
• Design Media retention plans and media management process.
• Ensure all backup jobs are scheduled appropriately and expediently.
Required Candidate Profile
• Level-3 Backup & Recovery SME and Administrator.
• Expert on Veeam.
• L2 or L2+ Skills on EMC DataDomain & Microsoft DPM
• Good knowledge on Data duplication, deduplication and replication concepts.
• Well versed with Backup and Recovery planning and implementation.
• Media Management & Vendor Coordination.
• Troubleshooting complex problems.
• Candidate is expected to have complex production support experience.
• Backup Solution Server / Client installations.
• Patching & Upgradation.
• Advanced documentation skills.
• Recovery of Backup Server from failure.
• Change Management Planning and Implementation.
• Disaster Recovery Support (plan & participate).
• Backup tool migration.
• Expert in design, configuration and implementation of Veeam.
• Knowledge on EMC DataDomain.
• High Availability Configurations.
• Custom Design.
• Performance Management of Backup Infrastructure.
• Tape Library / Data Domain / VTL configuration.
• Disk to Disk and Disk to Disk to Tape configurations.
• Recovery experience with specific backup modules like Oracle, MSSQL, MS Exchange and SharePoint.
• Knowledge on BMR backup configuration and recovery.
• Knowledge on backup reporting.
• Exposure on VMWare / Citrix Virtualized Environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills in Backup Infrastructure environment and advanced problem solving skills.
• Proactive measures and preventive measure for problems/errors.
• Management of Backup SLAs and KPIs.
• Liaise with vendors & OEMs for the technical issues / escalations.
• Drive major incidents and resolutions.
• Documentation & Operational performance reporting.
• People management and skills development.
• Own and Drive Service Improvement plans.
• Identify, own and mitigate risks.
• Ensure compliance to client and organization processes and policies.
• Perform backup performance tuning.
• Should have relevant scripting knowledge.
• Preparing scripting tools for automation.
• Exposure to mid-range & high-end servers and backup appliances.
• Exposure on clustering & High Availability.
• License Management.
• Enable and support the team in resolving day-to-day production issues, disaster recovery exercise, capacity planning and other activities as may be necessary.
• ITIL Certified preferred.