Job Title: Storage Engineer (Data Protection Services)
Location: Hartford, CT
- Seeking an experienced and versatile Data Protection / Backup and Recovery Services Engineer who will be responsible for the overall architecture design, implementation, and maintenance of an evolving global large-scale, highly available, 24×7, enterprise IT Data Protection Services (DPS) environment. Responsibilities: The overall objectives of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend, implement, and deliver technology solutions based on analysis and business requirements. Manage / Maintain DPS Technology roadmaps, aligned with IT Strategy.
- Develop processes and methodology for testing, deployment, and maintenance to ensure scalability, consistency, and maintainability in an effort to decrease restore time and increase availability. Automation experience desirable.
- Develop logging, metrics, and reporting programs to facilitate performance, security, monitoring, and predictive analysis.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed; ensure integrity of connectivity and optimization of sites and systems; provide DPS performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation for configuration, system mappings, processes, and service records.
- Produce reports and provide updates to the executive level of management on both positive performance and areas requiring improvement within the stack.
- The ability to manage operational service provider resources to effectively keep the DPS environment running optimally.
- Maintaining an understanding of deployed solutions, potential issues, requirements, and service gaps
- Assuring solutions are aligned with business objectives for resiliency, disaster recovery, and regulatory compliance
- Strong understanding of DPS Suites.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of staff and an established history and track record of providing excellent customer service
- Experience with enterprise storage systems (NetApp, Isilon, XtremIO, VMAX,VNX, VNXe, NetBackup, Spectrum Protect )
- Good Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Linux & HPUX and strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies
- Experience installing, supporting, migrating and troubleshooting DPS technologies.
- Experience with EMC Networker, Data Domain , Avamar, Rubrik , Igneous , Veritas Netbackup, Backup , AWS & Azure Public Clouds
- Expertise in designing and implementing highly available DPS solutions
- Strong knowledge of capacity planning, storage, and general network best practices. Knowledge of infrastructure server hardware. Cisco UCS / HPE Servers / Nutanix Hyperconverged
- Proven ability to meet designated deadlines, exhibit professional business practices, and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple initiatives. Ability to manage tasks and assignments with little supervision”