Job Title –Network Support Engineer
Location – Madison, WI
Duration – FULLTIME (NOT FOR C2C)
H1B WILL NOT WORK, SHARE YOUR UPDATED RESUME
Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Madison, WI or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• At least 2 years of experience of Information Technology experience
• At least 1 year of experience working in Network Administration
• Must be willing to drive to nearby client locations to resolve customer issues.
• Experience with Cisco networking, telephony, VoIP, gateways, SIP CUBEs, CUCM, CUC, UCCX and Expressway and VoIP applications via GUI and CLI interfaces.
• Understanding of ISDN and SIP trunk
• Knowledge of traditional voice PABX technologies
• Strong experience in Cisco networking like routing and switching & VoIP
• Knowledge of OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP’s basic components, VLANS, switches, and multilayer switching
• Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, access risks, and recommend, design, and implement plans for network system
• Install and commencement of network build work like LAN and WAN
• Providing Enterprise Operational Support for the entire Voice infrastructure first to second-line support (incidents, problems, and other solutions) and Liaising with external vendors in the restoration of services
• Delivery of connectivity services consumed by business units uses LAN, WAN, voice and security technologies
• Provide wireless systems support to for offices, sites and branches and be responsible for Telephony, VoIP solutions assisting with any issues from Client internal users.
• Administration/troubleshooting/remote support
• U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
• Strong understanding of computer network infrastructure.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
• Experience with local area network and wide area network administration.
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Availability to work outside of traditional office hours.